You might be interested to know that some of the health benefits from laughing found in this great article include:
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- Laughter dissolves distressing emotions. You can’t feel anxious, angry, or sad when you’re laughing.
- Laughter helps you relax and recharge. It reduces stress and increases energy, enabling you to stay focused and accomplish more.
- Humor shifts perspective, allowing you to see situations in a more realistic, less threatening light. A humorous perspective creates psychological distance, which can help you avoid feeling overwhelmed.
So have you had a good laugh today?
I love those facts! Laughing is seriously the best!
We watched the documentary, which was really good. Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't finished the article yet, but it looks very interesting, as well.
Loved this documentary! Nothing better then feeling good ALL over!!
Lindsey!! I am loving all of your updates. The girls are absolutely gorgeous and have gotten so big. I have totally been thinking about deleting my fb too. It does become way too addictive! Wow I sure miss you guys. Can't believe Maddy she is such a little girl. Keep the posts coming, I love them!
ps-love the background :)
Post a Comment