- I have run into a few friends from my past recently and we had nothing to talk about! I already knew how many kids they had and they already knew where I lived and my husband's name. What should have been an exciting meeting with an old friend turned out to be awkward and boring. I realize this can be a consequence of blogging but I'm not done. :)
- This hurts my pride a little to say but I used the word friend very loosely on Facebook. There is no way I have 342 people whom I can call true friends.
- I shouldn't care what the people I barely knew in high school are up to. Shouldn't is the key word there.
- I thought a lot about what I would be missing if I got off Facebook. I was worried I would be "out of the loop" but I finally came to the conclusion that I would survive. I am confidant that I will eventually find out about all my newly pregnant friends.
- I don't think I was addicted to Facebook but it's easy to spend a lot of time browsing pictures. I have been on the computer much less this week.
- Facebook brought unnecessary drama into my life. I would worry that so-in-so would get offended if I denied her friend request because I barely knew her or I would find out what a messy and inconsiderate husband my friend had through her status updates. These are not things I want to be worrying and thinking about.
- Status updates are interesting. I like them when they are funny or interesting but there is a fine line between being informative and sounding conceited.
Don't get me wrong, Facebook is a lot of fun. Do I think less of people who are on Facebook and do I think everyone should delete their account? Nope. Not at all. This was a personal decision for me and in no way am I advocating the distinction of social media.
What are your thoughts on the subject?