This last little while I have had absolutely no motivation to blog. There have been several cases where I have sat down to write a post but my mind goes blank. Lately I have toyed with the idea of getting rid of my blog completely. It's kind of embarrassing when you haven't updated your blog for a few months. So I have decided to weigh the pros and cons of blogging to help make my decision.Pros:
- It's a great way to keep in touch with family and friends. However, so is Facebook.
- You can become a better writer.
- Comments are fun to read.
- It's a wonderful way to keep an online journal.
- It takes time.
- When I am an active blogger I am constantly thinking of things to blog about. On some days it consumes my mind.
- I feel bad if I go a day or two without posting anything.
- Uploading pictures can be a hassle.
- Reading a post of someone apologizing for not posting for a long time is awful.
I'm sure there are lots more pros and cons but for now I'm going to leave it at that. I probably won't get rid of my blog but I don't think blogging will ever be really high on my priority list again. All I'm saying here is don't hold your breath for my next post. :)
Aw, Lindsey -- it's too bad we won't be hearing more of you, but I understand. Have you seen any updates from me lately??? It's been difficult for me to find the motivation to write, too . . .
Please don't leave- I don't use my facebook enough and its how I catch up on you guys!
Ps Are you going to Holl's wedding- I hope so- so we can se you guys!
I totally agree with you. I haven't touch my personal blog in over a year. It's much easier to use facebook to keep in touch with everyone.
Have you seen how my blog is now called MOM's DEAD BLOG on Lexia's site? I love your blogging, but I totally understand. And facebook is another place to catch up. However, I wonder how secure either site (facebook) or blogging is. Love those girls. You have put so much quality time into them. Thanks Lindsay! Love MOM Snow
Hi Lindsey, too funny! I feel the exact same way about my blog. It's more like a [can't think of a word]. I need to add you to my facebook so at least I can keep in touch a few times a year! ;)
Post a Comment