We have a lot of construction on the road we live on. Currently there isn't a turning lane so there are signs everywhere saying that left turns are not allowed. When someone does decide to make a left-hand turn it causes a major traffic jam because our road is very busy. It drives me nuts when I get stuck behind one of these inconsiderate drivers! I get very frustrated and I have been known to honk my horn at them. So here are the five reasons I have come up with why someone would feel they are important enough to have twenty cars waiting behind them:
- One of the passengers is in labor and if they don't make the left turn the baby will be born in the car.
- Their car can only make left turns.
- They have a 2 1/2 year old in the back seat that has been screaming for ten minutes because she dropped her sunglasses on the floor and the only way to stop the madness is to make the left turn so that they can pull over and recover the lost possession.
- They are almost out of gas and making the left turn will take them to the nearest gas station.
- There is a chance that they might not have not seen the 1,034 signs all over the road stating that left turns are not permitted.