- Coughing attacks always happen at the most inconvenient times. Two examples would be in the middle of the night when I would rather be sleeping or during church when it's really quiet.
- Sleeping with the window shut helps me sleep better because my nose and throat aren't itching like crazy. I get hot though. I'm not sure which is worse.
- The Kleenex with lotion in them work. They don't cost that much more either.
- Sadie is getting a lot of practice at saying "Excuse you, Mommy" after I sneeze.
- I'm not sure if I like the way NyQuil makes me feel. I use to love it but I think I've changed my mind.
- There is no such thing as a "sick day" when you are a mom. Although Blake has let me sleep in a few days and that's been nice.
- Pretzels are a good thing to eat to scratch the back of your throat. However, if you also have a sore throat they can be painful.
- The cough drops with menthol work better. The fruity non-menthol ones are tasty but the lemon menthol ones are more effective.
- Water is necessary but does not taste good when you have a cold. Juice tastes much better.
- Having allergies and a cold at the same time can take your motivation away. I'm going to go ahead and blame them for my lack of posting anything for so long.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Sick of being sick
I've been battling allergies and a cold the past week and a half. Here are a few of my observations:
Tags: list, motherhood, sick
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
This is just a little tip if you have allergies...DON'T MOVE TO TEXAS. Even people without allergies have allergies here ;)
Thera-flu is my best friend when I have a sore throat. It's the only thing that soothes my throat when it hurts to swallow. Also, the Sudafed non-drying medicine with the teal accent on the box is the only over-the-counter medicine that works for my sinus' and allergies. I've also been known to use the Sudafed green box specifically for allergies as well. Hope it helps.
Wow! Thanks Lexi! I am going to try that stuff out!
Post a Comment