- I was never going to have a child that sucked her thumb. Sadie's been doing this (and continues to do this) since she was 4 months old.
- I was never going to have a child that was attached to a blanket. Sadie has two.
- I was never going to have a child that needed a certain stuffed animal to fall asleep. Elmo has suddenly become Sadie's best friend and must be in her bed before she will even think about taking a nap.
- I was never going to have a child throw a tantrum in public. Not to mention smack me in the face while I was trying to discipline her in Old Navy. Sadie did this yesterday.
- I was never going to have a child that liked Barney. I'm not sure how, but Sadie not only knows who Barney is, but gets very excited when his show happens to be on when the TV gets turned on in the morning.
- Oh, and I was never going to lose my temper. HA!
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Before I became a mom, I had some expectations that I thought were fairly reasonable. Sure, I had heard that each child comes with their own personality, but I wasn't fully aware of the fact that they really do come with a mind of their own and that they use that mind from a very early age. To show how naive I was, here are just a few things I knew my kids would never do: