- "You look 11 months pregnant!"
- "Are you sure you want to eat that? You've already eaten quite a bit" or "You're still hungry?"
- When the woman is close to her due date don't say, "You haven't had the baby yet?"
- Men shouldn't complain about any physical pain when they are around a pregnant woman. Period. Especially if it's only a headache.
- When the woman voices a concern about her weight gain don't say, "Maybe you should work out."
- "You're only (blank) months along! Wow! You're pretty big!"
- No pregnant woman wants to hear about how hard your labor and delivery was. I'm sorry it was difficult for you but it's not the best idea to share your scary story with a woman about to give birth.
- If you have easy pregnancies, it's probably not the kindest thing to do to rub that fact into the face of someone who is going through a horrible one. (I'm sorry. I know that I am guilty of this one.)
Note: I wrote this post today (9/7/07) but wasn't going to post it for a few days. But after reading Blake's post, I thought it was pretty appropriate. This is the second time today I wrote a post similar to someone else's.
I'm sure you are sick of me commenting on your blog, but I had to on this one. These are the 2 things that people actually said to me when I was pregnant:
My husbands aunt asked me how far along I was and I said 6 months and she looked me up and down and said "is that all?" She works for an OBGYN above all!
The other one was a guy who said, "you are looking kinda fat" and I said "I'm not fat," (I was 8 months pregnant) and then he said "Oh, sorry...BIG BONED!" Can you believe that?
Okay, I have to comment on this one because it really hits home for me right now.
While at the beach this summer in California, I had a lady approach me and ask if I was due anyday. I was only about 6 months pregnant at the time, (granted I was wearing a prego-swimsuit)but honestly, I thought it was very rude!
I wanted to ask her when she was due, after looking at her "not-so-attractive" body in a bikini look she was trying to pull off!
I'm not bitter, can you tell!?!
When I told my boss that I was pregnant, she told me that she thought I was getting somewhat chubby in the mid-section. She said that if I didn't tell her I was pregnant, she was going to suggest I use some exercise leave. I was only 12 weeks along, so that made me extremely self-conscious.
Next time you're online, I'll tell you about what my friend did for one of my showers, but the story is too long to write about here. :)
Echo to all 8. Soon it will all be over and you will just laugh at how stupid people's comments are. #1 was the one I got. I felt like saying and aren't you about 9 months along? Personally, I haven't seen a cuter period gal. Let's get together this week with the kids!
period=pregnant HA HA
I saw a good one on a t-shirt. One of the questions not to ask: "Was it an accident?" I think one of the other ones was "Why aren't you glowing" lol
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
I had a woman tell me I was gaining a few pounds and asked if I had quit the gym. My prompt reply: I'm pregnant, what the heck is your excuse? She hasn't bothered me since.
Post a Comment