- "You look 11 months pregnant!"
- "Are you sure you want to eat that? You've already eaten quite a bit" or "You're still hungry?"
- When the woman is close to her due date don't say, "You haven't had the baby yet?"
- Men shouldn't complain about any physical pain when they are around a pregnant woman. Period. Especially if it's only a headache.
- When the woman voices a concern about her weight gain don't say, "Maybe you should work out."
- "You're only (blank) months along! Wow! You're pretty big!"
- No pregnant woman wants to hear about how hard your labor and delivery was. I'm sorry it was difficult for you but it's not the best idea to share your scary story with a woman about to give birth.
- If you have easy pregnancies, it's probably not the kindest thing to do to rub that fact into the face of someone who is going through a horrible one. (I'm sorry. I know that I am guilty of this one.)
Note: I wrote this post today (9/7/07) but wasn't going to post it for a few days. But after reading Blake's post, I thought it was pretty appropriate. This is the second time today I wrote a post similar to someone else's.