- Paper towels - I buy expensive paper towels because they work better and they last longer. I like the ones that rip into smaller squares because I never need a full sheet.
- Hand soap - I LOVE foam soap. It makes washing Sadie's hands so much easier because it doesn't run off the minute I pump it onto her wiggly little hands. Plus, it smells so good!
- Campbell's soups - I don't really have a reason for this one but whenever I need a can of cream of mushroom, I usually navigate towards the red label. I realize there is probably no difference between Campbell's and the off-brand except for Campbell's easy pull off lid.
- Toilet paper - I like the thick soft stuff. You know, the stuff that costs way more than the cheap stuff. Blake was with me when I bought our last supply of toilet paper so I picked out something cheaper. I have hated it! The rolls are tiny and I'm not pleased with it's performance.
- Crackers & chips - I do believe there is a difference between name-brand crackers and chips compared to their off-brand knock-offs. They simply don't taste as good.
- Garbage bags - I go for the expensive scented ones. So far, I have never had a bag rip on me. That is a blessing when you're dealing with diapers.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
One of the perks of being the lady of the house is that I get to make sure all the supplies are fully stocked. I've actually had fun trying out new products and figuring out what works best for my family. I like being able to choose what cleaning products I buy and picking out all the snacks that will fill my cupboards. I'm not one that uses coupons but I consider myself a pretty frugal shopper. Most times I will go for the off-brands to save a few cents because I don't think there is much of a difference. However, there are a few things that I splurge on. Here are the items that must always be name-brand in my shopping cart: