skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- My Mom flew in from Virginia at the beginning of the month.
- Me, my Mom and my Grandma Bev drove down to southern Utah to visit my Aunt Kris for the weekend. Blake watched Sadie so it was nice to roam free without worrying about diaper changes and feeding times. We went to an outdoor performance of South Pacific and ate at lots of buffets.
- My Mom and I discovered how to make a craft that was selling for a pretty penny at a local bookstore. We figured it out, bought the supplies and were on our way. I think we made magnets for 2 days straight. I enjoyed having someone to do crafty things with. That's something I miss out on because my Mom and I live quite a distance from each other.
- My Mom and Sadie bonded 20 minutes after my Mom's plane landed. I had no chance after this. Sadie's favorite person was her Nana. If Blake was holding Sadie, she would reach out for me. If I was holding Sadie, she would reach out and cry for her Nana. I don't think Nana minded this one bit.
- My Dad arrived later on in the month.
- We went to an outdoor concert of the Utah Symphony. Sadie was really good as long as she was rolling around on the hill.
- We went swimming. My Dad taught me to blow in Sadie's face before I dunk her under the water. I went down the slides for this first time this summer and wished I had done it sooner.
- We had dinner up in Provo Canyon. My Dad made a fire and we roasted hot dogs. My Mom and Eric put our rootbeer in the river to keep it cold. I was skeptical but it worked. The s'mores didn't turn out the way I had hoped because I couldn't get my chocolate melted without burning the graham cracker.
- Blake and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. My Mom and Dad watched Sadie for 4 days so we could have a little alone time. We stayed up in Salt Lake. We dined at many fine restaurants including the Melting Pot and the delicious steak house at the hotel. We went to TWO movies at an actual movie theatre. We went to a well, we'll just call it a jazzed up dance recital. It was actually pretty cool. One of the stars from So You Think You Can Dance performed. I got hooked to that show this season, so you can say I had a good time at the recital.
- My Mom taught me how to decorate cakes the cool way. You know, with the smooth frosting that is big with wedding cakes nowadays. Not only did it look good, it tasted pretty good too.
- I played volleyball for the first time in a long time with a group of young women from church. I was able to get the ball over the net pretty consistently but my wrists were sore for the next few days.
- My parents left towards the end of the month. It was good spending quality time with them. It was nice having them around and I'm glad they were able to bond with Sadie.
- My Mom left her really good smelling body wash (on purpose). I was very happy because I can't find it at Walmart or Target.
- I met up with my best friends from high school. One of them is getting married in December so we went wedding dress shopping. It was really good to see them.
Hey Lindsey, inconsistency called. He wants his blog back.
Hey, Lindsey -- I've missed your blog. I've missed it so much that I'm up reading this post at 3 in the morning because I couldn't wait to read it.
Your writing is so great! Just 15 items in a list, but I loved it! Especially no. 15!
I am glad you started blogging again. I also got hooked on "So You Think You Can Dance" this season. I loved it! Was it Allison or Jaymz that you saw perform?
Did your mom teach you how to do rolled fondant? I took a few cake decorating classes but we never made it to doing fondant. I have always wanted to learn how to do it though. Was it hard?
Blake: It's been 3 long years.
Sara: Thanks for liking my blog! 15 is my favorite too.
Carlee: Jaymz was the one I saw. He was even better in person. I wish I had known you liked "So You Think You Can Dance." I read your post about having a party on the season finale. I would have been there! I'm sorry I missed it. Yes, fondant is what my Mom taught me. It's sooo easy! Maybe we should get together sometime and I can show you just how simple it is!
Have you seen "Ace of Cakes" on the Food Network? It's like my favorite show now. He designs amazing cakes with fondant. It's on Thursday nights at 8:30 p.m.
I would love to learn how to do fondant. However, I believe I live about an hour (87 miles) north of you so it's quite a drive. :( If I'm ever down in Utah County, I'll for sure take you up on that offer. :)
Happy Anniversity guys!!! When was it officially?
When I say Anniversity... I mean Aniversary... Ya Know!
ha ha Jax! I knew what you meant. It was officially Aug. 23rd!
That photo of Sadie makes-ah-me-laugh. I too love your blog, Lindsey.
Post a Comment